Friday, November 21, 2008

India Update - I'm having my cake and eating it too!


Okay, so here's the deal. Initially I was supposed to go to India for 6 weeks and depart from the states on January 7, 2009. In doing this I was going to put off my graduation by 1 semester. I wasn't very pleased about the matter, but when God says go. Go!

There were several requirements that I had put on myself in order to go for the 6 weeks.
1. I could not be the only other person there along with Dan, our guide.
2. The classes that I needed to take had to be offered in the fall so I could graduate.
3. I had to come up with the money.
4. I had to have the blessing and go-ahead from my parents.

All seemed to be going as planned. Life was great, but then some things changed and kind of threw me a curve ball.
1. I was going to be the only other person there for the remaining 4 weeks after the rest of group went home.
2. The classes I need to graduate are only offered in the spring.

Needless to say, I had some decsions to make. After much prayer, my solution came to me. Go for 2 weeks with the whole group and then come home and finish out the spring semester.

Here's how it worked out. Our trip has been moved up. We are now departing on January 3, 2007 (which is a Saturday at 1:15p.m.). We will arrive in India on January 5 - yeah, that's a really long flight!!! We will be staying at the Hope orphanage for approxiamtely 10 days and then be returning home. We will arrive at Will Roger's World airport on January 17, 2009 (which is also a Saturday) at 11:40p.m.

That's not all! Since classes start on January 12, I've talked to all of my professors for next semester and they are totally cool with me missing the first week of classes. Some are even allowing me to use the images I shoot while in India for some of my projects in the classes.

So, not only do I get to go to India, I get to graduate too! God is SO good. I don't know why I even worry about the details, because he always works them out for me.

You know the old saying "You can't have your cake and eat it too."? Well it's wrong. When you let God work everything out for you, He let's you eat it. Why wouldn't He? Cake is awesome!

2 comments:

Taylor Hale said...

That's awesome!! I'm so happy for you!

michelle wyatt said...

i cant wait for you to get home on saturday!! i need you dear bridesmaid!!