Monday, June 30, 2008

God Always Gives Us What We Need

I was out with my mom today getting gifts for a baby shower that we had to go to a little later this afternoon. As I was out, I got a phone call from a friend telling me that I absolutely had to come to church with her tonight. A great message was going to be taught and I just had to be there.

The church is about 40 minutes away from my house and since I had a baby shower to go to, I didn't think there was any way I could go to the shower and then go home, get my car, and drive all the way there. So I told her that I didn't think it was possible. But then she said "Well, I'll give you a ride home." Now I had no excuse... I had to go.

This service was led by the youth in Master's Commission (a super awesome God-focused program) all of them about my age. And it was good. After the service was over there was just a time of prayer for different people in the church...

As I mentioned in my last blog, I've really been seeking the Lord in how my life is supposed to work out and if I'm really doing what he has called me to do. Everything has seemed to kind of be working out but the long-term picture hasn't been in focus.

I had been praying all through the service that God would speak to me and just bring me peace and reassure me that I'm on the right path.

My friend who invited me asked if I had been prayed for. I told her no and that I couldn't think of anything that I needed prayer for. She told me that I was wrong and that God definitely had something for me.

She brought me over to one of her friends and they began to pray. Immediately, her friend began to sob. And just said...

"The care and compassion that you have in your heart is really pleasing to God and He IS going to use it in a massive way. I don't know you, or anything about you but God wants you to know that He has big, no, HUGE plans for your life. Bigger than you can ever imagine. You are going in the right direction. Don't forget that he is guiding your steps. He wants you to remember Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, they are plans for good and not disaster, plans to give you a future and a hope. - He'll give you the direction and guidance you've been asking for in His time, not yours. Learn to be patient.

WOW!!! GOD ALWAYS COMES THROUGH AND HE ALWAYS GIVES US WHAT WE NEED.

2 comments:

Alec Warn said...

CHARISSA!
IM SPEECHLESS!
I LOVE IT!

Katie said...

Wow, that's awesome! He will be faithful if we are patient!